The State Agency for Azerbaijan Automobile Roads
Consulting Services - Firms Selection
REQUESTS FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
REPUBLIC OF AZERBAIJAN Regional Connectivity and Development Project (P174379)
IBRD Loan No.: 9243-AZ
Assignment Title: Technical Assistance to Support Local Development and Logistics Component
Reference No. AZ-SRA-CS-QBS-01
The Government of the Republic of Azerbaijan has received financing from the World Bank (International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)) in the form of a loan towards the cost of the Regional Connectivity and Development Project (RCDP), (the Project). The State Agency of Azerbaijan Automobile Roads, being the implementing Agency (SAAAR), intends to apply a portion of the proceeds of this loan to eligible payments under the contract for Technical Assistance to Support Local Development and Logistics Component.
The objectives of the Project are to provide safe, efficient, and climate-resilient transport connectivity and to improve market accessibility along the Salyan-Bilasuvar road corridor. The Project seeks to achieve this objective through activities under four main components.
This assignment is mainly associated with Project Component 3: Local Development and Logistics. This component has two sub-components, Sub-component 1: Develop Road-side Logistics and Market Facilities and Sub-component 2: Advisory and Training Initiatives. This assignment is associated with both sub-components.
The Project is being implemented by the State Agency for Azerbaijan Automobile Roads (the “Agency”). Project management is delegated to a specialized Project Implementation Unit (PIU), an integral part of the Agency. The selected firm shall act as an Implementing Partner Entity (IPE) to the Agency, reporting to the Director of PIU and working under the direct supervision of the PIU’s Social and Community Relations Expert.
The main objective of this service assignment is to take responsibility for supporting the PIU in the implementation of Component 3 of the Project while specific objectives include:
1. assessment, stakeholder mapping, and knowledge gathering on local opportunities for local economic development and micro and small farmer/entrepreneur support via public investments;
2. supporting SAAAR in carrying out community outreach activities and conducting local community consultations on the chosen investments – type, location, operation and maintenance model, among others – and in reaching out to women and potentially vulnerable and disadvantaged beneficiaries to include their feedback and expand opportunities for them to benefit from the future investments;
3. preparing initial and final designing and technical specifications packages for construction, rehabilitation, and supply of the road-side logistics and market facilities along the project roads;
4. providing the technical supervision service to the implementation of interventions under sub-component 1;
5. assessing needs of beneficiaries for training and advisory services and carrying out training activities and providing advisory services accordingly;
6. compiling data to support the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation progress of all activities under the Project;
7. carrying out the impact evaluation to identify and gauge the impacts of the project activities related to rehabilitation of the project road and supporting beneficiary communities via developing small-scale logistic and market businesses and providing them with training and business advisory services.
The assignment requires the selected firm to undertake three main tasks:
1. Task 1. Mobilization of project beneficiary communities and the provision of services, guidance and organizational support to develop the roadside market and logistics facilities along the project roads;
2. Task 2. Training and advisory service needs assessment and delivering advisory service and training on selected subjects;
3. Task 3. Project results measurement and impact evaluation.
The selected firm shall be expected to mobilize a team of eleven Key Experts with the range for specialist skills described in the Terms of Reference. A staff input in the region of 176 Key-Expert months is expected.
The implementation duration for this assignment is 40 months, starting in September 2022 and finishing in December 2025.
The detailed Terms of Reference (TOR) for the assignment can be obtained at the address given below.
The State Agency for Azerbaijan Automobile Roads now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. General Experience in providing consulting services in the last ten years;
2. Experience in community outreach activities and conducting community mobilization;
3. Experience in implementation of gender-oriented activities;
4. Experience preparing and delivering training and advisory services for individuals and small businesses in the field such as business development, taxation, branding, marketing, digital literacy, electronic commerce, and fundraising;
5. Experience in the region or similar conditions to Azerbaijan;
6. Experience in project monitoring, evaluation, and impact assessment;
7. Experience in the design and supervision of small-scale construction works; Alternatively, the Consultant shall demonstrate if they have or have access to resources with such experience;
8. Staff capacity and experience in the specialities described in the Terms of Reference. The team is expected to comprise a Team Leader, Field Coordinator, Community Mobilization Specialists, Business Development Specialists, Civil Engineers, Legal Adviser and a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist;
9. Experience in IFI supported projects.
Key Experts will not be evaluated at the shortlisting stage.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to Section III, paragraphs 3.14, 3.16, and 3.17 of the World Bank’s “Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers” November 2020 (“Procurement Regulations”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms to enhance their qualifications but should indicate clearly whether the association is in the form of a joint venture and/or a sub-consultancy. In the case of a joint venture, all the partners in the joint venture shall be jointly and severally liable for the entire contract, if selected.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Quality-Based Selection (QBS) method set out in the Procurement Regulations.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours from 10:00 to 17:00
Expressions of interest must be delivered in written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or e-mail) by April 08, 2022.
State Agency for Azerbaijan Automobile Roads
Attn: Mr Saleh Mammadov, Chairman of the Board
Address: Block No 2025, R.Ismayilov str., Bilajari settlement, Baku, Azerbaijan, AZ 1117, Republic of Azerbaijan. PIU office, room No. 224
Tel: +944 12 4997902
Copy to: email@example.com
Web page: www.aayda.gov.az